Thursday, April 23, 2009

Daniel Ortega Bends Barack Over

I was reflecting this morning on Obama’s first 100 days in office. I am relieved and frightened at the same time that he is everything I knew he would be….relieved, because I am glad I do not have a reason in the world to like this guy. Nice to have a clear villain, isn’t it! Frightened, because he is a radical who aspires to loot this country of our founding principles.

One of my many concerns during the election was that Obama is an apologist for America and shameful of our past. We all saw the tell-tale signs. Although America has done some reprehensible things in the past, so has every other country.


How often do we hear other leaders apologize for their country's past actions? Why should we?

And I refuse to accept a president that simply exploits the negatives. How are we to trust he will act in our best interest when he makes no indication of his pride in our country? He simply speaks of our “potential” rather than acknowledging our beauty in its current form.

Try doing that with your wife!

This type of aloof indifference toward our country was evidenced this past weekend during the “Summer of the Americas” love/hate fest in Trinidad and Tobago.

Obama sat through a 50-minute diatribe against America by Nicaraguan president, Daniel Ortega. He ranted against our imperialistic nature and blamed most of the conflicts in Central America on The United States. He said, "We all got together, united so we could defeat the expansionist policy of the United States."

Obama countered with a speech of his own and made no effort to dispel the hostility toward our country. Instead, he chose to simply remove any doubts or blame against Obama himself.


Narcissist??

"I'm grateful President Ortega did not blame me for things that happened when I was three months old," Said Obama. Everything is not you, Barack. You are the leader of our country, so you must at least pretend to represent us and not filter between personal attacks and attacks on our country.

When asked by a reporter what he thought of Ortega’s speech, Obama answered, "It was 50 minutes long. That's what I thought."


Wow.

Clinton was asked repeatedly about her thoughts on the hate filled speech. "I thought the cultural performance was fascinating," Clinton said. Asked again about the Ortega speech, Clinton said: "To have those first class Caribbean entertainers on all on one stage and to see how much was done in such a small amount of space, I was overwhelmed."

To simply avoid commenting is beyond the pale. And cultural performances usually suck, so don't try and gloss it over!

I refuse to accept as my president a man lacking the courage and conviction to defend my country against the rants of petty dictators. It appears he will not only allow for verbal attacks, but he seems to be inviting another terrorist attack by weakening our intelligence community.

No comments: